KC’s Home Health Care has developed a behavioral health program designed to meet the home health needs of the Geriatric psychiatric patient. KC’s offers experienced, comprehensive and compassionate home health care for patients who need behavioral or psychiatric assistance but do not require the intensity of an inpatient environment. Services are based on a comprehensive physical, psychological, mental, cognitive, family and environmental evaluation of patients in their home environment.
Our skilled psychiatric nurse’s will assess the home environment, including those in Assisted Living, Independent Living, and private residences. KC’s believes in a collaborative approach and coordinate the care for the client, family, caregivers and facility staff, along with the physician to effectively manage the needs of the psychiatric patient. Our behavioral and psychiatric services are designed to improve patients’ quality of life, assist patients in maintaining a connection with their community, and prevent hospitalization. We provide your loved one with the best care possible while keeping you as informed and involved in the process as we are able.
Since mental and behavioral health issues are often coupled with physical problems, KC’s Home Health Care provides a comprehensive team approach that provides a full range of coordinated mental and physical care through a single agency. Care management may include other disciplines as needed, such as: Skilled Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Medical Social Workers and Home Health Aides.
Services Provided Include:
- Skilled assessment, observation and skilled teaching related to behavioral health issues and strategies to manage same.
- Education and assessment of compliance and efficacy of psychotropic medication
- Venipuncture for therapeutic drug levels and other required lab tests
- Administration of injectable medications
- Administration of Psych Assessment Tools
- Crisis intervention
- Management and evaluation of patient care
- Individual and family/caregiver counseling r/t behavioral health disease processes